Reminder: Electrical shutdowns at CVC
Don't forget, two separate electrical shutdowns are planned for the Frankel Cardiovascular Center in order to perform preventative maintenance on the building substations.
The shutdowns will impact regular power and lighting in the building, but red/generator-backed power and lighting will not be impacted. No other areas of the academic medical center will be affected by the shutdown.
Here’s what you need to know:
Shutdown No. 1
- When: 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14 through 6 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 15 (8 hours duration)
- Impacted areas: Floors 2 through 5 only
- Shutdown type: Regular power (including equipment not backed up by generator-backed power) and lighting
Shutdown No. 2
- When: 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28 through 6 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 29 (8 hours duration)
- Impacted areas: Floors B2 through 1 only
- Shutdown type: Regular power, equipment and lighting
Please survey department offices for any items plugged into regular outlets and plan accordingly, including appliances such as refrigerators and freezers.
Call the CSR House Manager (pager 7136) or the Maintenance Call Center (936-5054) if you have an emergency during the shutdowns.