HITS introduces new “How Can We Help?” portal
Health Information Technology and Services — or HITS — is streamlining and significantly improving the way it provides IT-related products, services and support.
A centerpiece of this effort is the introduction of a new “How Can We Help?” online service portal that empowers customers by providing easier access to essential information and offering more convenient ways to initiate common tasks without having to contact HITS staff directly.
Beginning Monday, Sept. 11, members of the Michigan Medicine community who need help, want to request an item or service, or wish to report a problem are invited to “Click, Call or Visit”, as follows:
1. CLICK. By clicking on the new “How Can We Help?” service portal and using their Level-2 password and Duo two-factor authentication, customers will have direct access to:
- Ask a question or submit a request for service or repair.
- Initiate many commonly-requested tasks, such as password resets, etc.
- Order software, devices or other items.
- Search the HITS Knowledgebase for articles and self-help resources.
- Check on the status of an incident, request or order.
2. CALL. As always, customers can call the HITS Service Desk at 734-936-8000 any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to ask a question or report a problem.
3. VISIT. HITS continues welcoming customers to visit any one its three “Help Me Now” walk-up locations between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Help Me Now offices are conveniently located close to many classrooms, laboratories, hospitals, and offices, including:
The new “How Can We Help?” customer service portal is just one of many efforts HITS is undertaking to improve the quality of its services and support. Please stay tuned for additional updates as they develop.
Additional documentation and self-help information related to ServiceNow is available on the HITS Knowledgebase.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about ServiceNow, please send an email to HITS-Servicenow-Inquiries@umich.edu.