Plan ahead: Upcoming road, crosswalk projects
Please be advised that upcoming road work and a crosswalk resurfacing project may cause changes to traffic patterns around Ann Arbor and the academic medical center.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 4 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6, East Huron between Division and North State St. is expected to be closed for utility work.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured north onto North Division to Broadway to Maiden Lane, then south on Fuller Rd. and Glen Ave.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured north onto Glen Ave. to Fuller Rd. to Maiden Lane, then south onto Broadway to Beakes and then North Fifth Ave.
- Local access to buildings will be maintained.
- From Monday morning, Aug. 7, until the end of the business day on Friday, Aug. 11, East Huron between North State St. and Division is scheduled to be restricted to one lane in each direction for utility work. Drivers are advised to find alternate routes.
- Four total crosswalks on the west side of East Hospital Drive and on Simpson Drive are scheduled to be resurfaced this Saturday, Aug. 5
- Each crosswalk is expected to take about an hour to complete.
- Traffic control will be setup at each location to help maintain vehicular circulation in the area.
- Restriping of the crosswalks is scheduled to take place on Sunday, Aug. 6, but it is not expected to impact traffic in any way.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!