Plan ahead: Upcoming maintenance project
Please be advised that an upcoming maintenance project is scheduled to cause the closure of the concrete stairs leading from the pit parking lot (M29) to East Medical Center Drive.
The project will replace the concrete and railings of the entire staircase, in order to improve safety and extend the longevity of the staircase for years to come. Plan ahead if you will be parking in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The project is scheduled to begin on Monday, Aug. 21, and last through the end of December.
- Pedestrians coming from the M29 parking lot and the Mitchell Field parking lot will be most affected by the work.
- Pedestrian traffic will be detoured along Nichols Dr. to East Medical Center Dr.
- Vehicle traffic will be detoured within the construction area.
- 8 Blue permit and Valet parking spots will be displaced during construction.
A map showing the detours and affected parking spaces can be seen above.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!