Plan ahead and expect delays: U.S. 23 construction update
Please be advised that the demolition of an overpass on U.S. 23 between Ann Arbor and Brighton will likely cause significant delays beginning tonight.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The demolition of the 6 Mile Road overpass at U.S. 23 in Northfield Township is scheduled to close the freeway in both directions from 7 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday and from 7 p.m. Wednesday until 7 a.m. Thursday.
- During the closures, northbound U.S. 23 traffic will be detoured using the ramps at the interchange.
- Southbound U.S. 23 traffic will be detoured using the off-ramp, Whitmore Lake and N. Territorial roads.
- Additionally, the southbound U.S. 23 onramp from 6 Mile Road is expected to close each night through Friday from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- The ramp is also scheduled to be closed continuously from 7 a.m. on Wednesday, July 5 until Sept. 4.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!