Senior Living Week provides resources as you or your loved ones age
All faculty and staff are invited to attend workshops, open houses and other festivities to celebrate Senior Living Week.
Every day from May 8-13, the Michigan Medicine Housing Bureau for Seniors is hosting free events aimed at helping you make decisions for better living as you or your loved ones age.
The week culminates in the Senior Living Expo, which runs from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday at the Morris Lawrence Building at Washtenaw Community College. The building is located at 4800 E. Huron River Dr. in Ann Arbor.
Vendors at the expo include companies that specialize in housing, health, personal care and support services. Click here for more information.
Other highlights of Senior Living Week include:
- Workshop, Stealth Health: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., Monday, May 8; StoryPoint, 6230 S. State St., Saline
- Workshop, Finding Humor and Grace in the Caregiver Sandwich: Noon – 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 9; Brookhaven Manor, 401 W. Oakbrook Dr., Ann Arbor
- Workshop, Be a Savvy Health Care Consumer: Save on Prescription Drugs: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m., Wednesday, May 10; Housing Bureau for Seniors, Turner Senior Resource Center, 2401 Plymouth Rd. Suite C, Ann Arbor
- Interactive experience, Virtual Dementia Tour: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Thursday, May 11; Atria Park of Ann Arbor, 1901 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (by appointment only)
- Workshop, LGBT Older Adults: A Step Forward in Understanding: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Friday, May 12; Housing Bureau for Seniors, Turner Senior Resource Center, 2401 Plymouth Rd. Suite C, Ann Arbor (1.5 CEs will be offered for this course).
- Open House: Open houses will be held throughout the week at various senior living communities in the area. For a complete list of open houses and locations, click here.
For more information on Senior Living Week, visit the Housing Bureau for Seniors website.