Register now for mixed methods research workshop
Registration is now open for the U-M Mixed Methods Research Spring workshop presented by John W. Creswell, Ph.D., Michael D. Fetters, M.D., M.P.H., M.A. and the Michigan Mixed Methods Research and Scholarship Program (M3RSP).
The three-day workshop — which will be held March 30, March 31 and April 1 — is focused on community-engagement research and mixed methods and is open to all interested Michigan Medicine faculty, staff and students.
Keynote speakers include Barbara Israel, Dr.P.H., from the U-M School of Public Health, who is a national leader in community-based participatory research; and Angela Reyes, MPH, executive director of the Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation.
The workshop will also feature interactive sessions, allowing attendees to:
- Apply the features of a rigorous participatory research approach
- Use cutting-edge advancements in Mixed Methods Research, or MMR
- Map participatory research and MMR onto a project in the social or health sciences
- Share a current project with other participants
- Receive feedback on the project from national and international scholars.
Discounted fees are available for teams of two that include a community partner.