Plan ahead: Holiday bus and parking schedules
As the holiday season kicks into high gear, it is important to note that there will be temporary parking and bus schedules in place around the medical campus.
The following information will help you to plan ahead when parking your car and getting around campus during the holidays:
- There will be no U-M bus service on Dec. 25 and 26 and on Jan. 1 and 2.
- The Commuter, Wall St. Express and Med Express routes will run normal service through Friday, Dec. 23. The other UMHS routes (Wall St.-NIB and North-East Shuttle) will run normal service through Thursday, Dec. 22 and will resume normal service on Tuesday, Jan. 3.
- A special Wall St. Express bus will serve the free parking area at Wall St. between Dec. 27 and Dec. 30 from 6:15 a.m. – 6:07 p.m. daily.
- Since there is no evening or weekend hospital bus service, medical center staff who cannot find parking in the other free parking areas (shown in green on the map above) and who cannot be accommodated by the special Wall St. Express bus service, will be allowed to park at the Taubman North (P2) Parking Structure from Dec. 24 until Jan. 2. Staff must exit via a patient/visitor lane and show their Yellow or Orange Permit to the parking attendant for a free exit.
- View and print the medical campus holiday parking map, which includes free parking options and detailed bus routes and times.
Please share with your colleagues and team members who will be working during the holiday season. Thank you for your cooperation and happy holidays!