Exciting changes for pediatric rehabilitation outpatient services
It’s been an exciting fall for the pediatric outpatient services offered by the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Several of the renowned pediatric rehabilitation programs offered by U-M are relocating to the Pediatric Rehabilitation Center — or PRC — located at 2205 Commonwealth Blvd. in Ann Arbor.
PRC’s expansion includes:
- Increased physician availability
- A new location for Milestones, U-M’s pediatric neurorehabilitation program, beginning Nov. 29. This program provides comprehensive rehabilitation services — including education treatment and back-to-school planning — for children and teens following illness or trauma resulting in neurologic sequelae.
- An opportunity for neuropsychology to be on-site full-time beginning Nov. 29.
- A further expansion of all outpatient PT/OT and therapeutic recreation services including:
- pediatric pelvic floor services
- feeding services
- early infant intervention services
- pediatric oncology rehabilitative services
- pediatric orthopedic rehabilitative services
- An expansion of the STEPS early intervention autism program
- Interdisciplinary pediatric chronic pain management services involving PT, psychology and therapeutic recreation
In addition, the Pediatric Vestibular Testing Center will open in January 2017 on the garden level of the Burlington Building. At that facility, patients will receive a comprehensive, interdisciplinary evaluation from pediatric audiology and pediatric physical therapy. Ongoing treatment will take place at Briarwood Pediatric Rehabilitation.