Mentoring forum to put focus on diversity
Members of the U-M community who are involved in or interested in mentoring are invited to an Oct. 14 forum featuring David J. Brown, M.D.. Dr. Brown, who is associate vice president and associate dean for health equity and inclusion in the Medical School and associate professor of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, will focus his presentation on the topic of mentoring for diversity and inclusion.
Following the discussion, seven faculty members who contribute enormously to the research environment at U-M will be honored with a 2016 Distinguished Clinical and Translational Research Mentor Award.
The awards will be presented by George Mashour, M.D., Ph.D., Dr. Mashour is associate dean for clinical and translational research in the Medical School; executive director of MICHR; and executive director for translational research in the Office of Research.
This event takes place at Danto Auditorium in the Cardiovascular Center. Check-in and a light breakfast begin at 8:30 a.m., with Dr. Brown’s presentation starting at 9 a.m. and the awards ceremony immediately following.
Register here for this free event.
Recipients of the 2016 MICHR Distinguished Clinical and Translational Research Mentor Award:
- Karen B. Farris, Ph.D., Charles R. Walgreen III Professor of Pharmacy Administration, chair, department of clinical pharmacy, College of Pharmacy; professor of health behavior and health education, School of Public Health
- Daniel Michele, Ph.D., associate professor of molecular and integrative physiology and associate professor of internal medicine, Medical School
- James E. Montie, M.D., emeritus professor of urology, Medical School
- Lewis Morgenstern, M.D., director of the stroke program and associate chair of neurology for faculty development and finance; professor of neurology, emergency medicine and neurosurgery, Medical School; professor of epidemiology, School of Public Health
- Pavan Reddy, M.D., Moshe Talpaz Professor of Oncology, professor of medicine, Medical School
- Caroline R. Richardson, M.D., associate professor of family medicine and associate chair of research, Medical School
- Russell S. Taichman, D.M.D., D.M.Sc., Major Ash Collegiate Professor for Periodontics and Oral Medicine and associate dean for research, School of Dentistry.