Update: Observatory Street Construction Project enters Phase 2
Please be advised that construction on Observatory St. is set to enter its second phase, beginning Wednesday. Be sure to plan ahead and expect delays. Also remember to remind patients and visitors to build in extra time when traveling to the area.
When this change is made, the intersection of E. Medical Center Dr. and Observatory will be open as indicated on the map below. Therefore, E. Medical Center Dr. will be open leading to Observatory and north to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center.
CVC detour signs that currently exist north and west of the CVC will be removed. The detour signs on Washtenaw south of the CVC will remain in place and will direct traffic from Washtenaw north to Zina Pitcher and then east on Ann St.
M34, the Observatory Lodge parking lot, will be closed beginning Tuesday. The M28 and M95 lots on Washington Heights will be open during this phase of construction, but will need to be accessed from E. Medical Center Dr.
Construction of Observatory is expected to last through the end of August.
During the project, pay attention to all signs and barriers as they will help improve traffic flow and congestion. Here’s everything that you need to know:
- Observatory St. will be completely closed to vehicular traffic from Geddes Ave., to just north of Washington Heights, including a full closure of the Observatory St.-Washington Heights intersection.
- Traffic will be rerouted via East Ann St., Zina Pitcher Place, Washtenaw Ave. and Geddes Ave.
- Washington Heights will remain a converted two-way street.
- All on-street metered parking spaces on Observatory St. in the construction area will be closed.
- Access to N. University Ct. will be closed except for residents and pre-arranged deliveries.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!