Plan ahead and expect delays
Please be advised that construction on Observatory St. is set to enter its next phase, beginning Tuesday. Be sure to plan ahead and expect delays. Also remember to remind patients and visitors to build in extra time when traveling to the area.
During the project, pay attention to all signs and barriers as they will help improve traffic flow and congestion. Here’s everything that you need to know:
- Observatory St. between East Medical Center Drive and Geddes Ave. will remain closed.
- Washington Heights remains a two-way street with access from East Medical Center Drive and dead ending at Observatory St.
- Traffic heading south of the Observatory-East Medical Center Drive intersection is still rerouted north on Observatory St., west on Ann St., south on Glen Ave. and east on Huron/Washtenaw.
- Traffic heading north of the closed intersection is still rerouted north on Washtenaw, north on Zina Pitcher Place and east on Ann St.
- Geddes Ave. between Observatory and Washtenaw will be closed to through traffic, though pedestrian and bicycle traffic will be maintained on the adjacent sidewalks.
Work is expected to be completed by Friday, Aug. 19. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!