Bus Stop Location Changes and Parking Updates
Please be advised that due to the Observatory Street construction project, employees may experience significant traffic delays and congestion in this area. The city is working with the University on a daily basis to make adjustments to the project plan in an effort to ease congestion, including altering traffic signal sequences and improved signage, which were implemented yesterday.
Want to avoid construction traffic? Consider using one of the following alternative employee parking locations to avoid Observatory Street and ease the traffic burden. All of these locations, which currently have parking vacancies, are serviced by U-M buses:
- Wall St. – parking structure (Blue); surface lots (Blue)
- Glazier Way Lot (Orange)
- NC90 & NC91 (Orange) – Hubbard/Hayward
- NC92 (Yellow) – south portion of NCRC campus
- NC53 (Yellow) – Hubbard & Hayward
- Green Rd. Park & Ride (Free)
This two-phased project is expected to continue through mid-August. Remember to plan ahead and expect delays during this time. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
Bus Stop Update
In an effort to improve traffic on E. Medical Center Drive, there will be a temporary change in three Medical Campus bus stops effective tomorrow, May 19:
- Discontinue service to the stop at Markley Hall (eastbound E. Medical Center Dr., across from Children’s & Women’s). Passengers can instead use the bus stop on Simpson Circle Dr. (old Mott employee entrance).
- Discontinue service to the outbound/northbound side of E. Medical Center Dr. across from University Hospital/Taubman Center front entrance. Passengers can instead board & deboard for both directions on the UH/Taubman Center side of the street.
- Discontinue service to the outbound/northbound side of E. Medical Center Dr. across from the Cancer Center. Passengers can instead board & deboard for both directions on the Cancer Center side of the street.
Please note that the temporary bus stop changes are expected to be in place for the duration of Phase I of the construction project. Watch for more information.