New MLearning Mandatory on Stroke for UMHHC staff only
To ensure quick recognition and assistance occurs for people experiencing a stroke and to meet The Joint Commission requirements for certified stroke centers, there is a new annual institutional mandatory for all UMHHC staff.
The mandatory will begin May 4, 2015.
The Joint Commission requires certified stroke centers to provide basic stroke education to all employees. All UMHHC staff will be able to identify the warning signs and symptoms of stroke and know how to get immediate assistance within the health system. To meet the requirement, all UMHHC staff must complete the module (or class) and have this information documented in MLearning.
What does this mean for you?
1. All UMHHC staff will complete basic stroke education annually.
2. On May 4, 2015 all non-physician UMHHC employees will be assigned to the mandatory MLearning module on Stoke.
3. Employees will complete the assigned stroke education activity based on their role
- All Inpatient Nurses* (NURS 62022)
- All Other Employees (UMHS 52684)
*Additional stroke education is still required for specific inpatient nursing units.
Inpatient nurse stroke education requirements have not changed.
For questions regarding nursing stroke education, please contact Mary Jo Kocan or Marie Wolfer.
If you have any questions regarding non-nursing staff, please contact the Comprehensive Stroke Center at 232-1178 or CSCemail@example.com.