Micromedex 2.0 is a new way to access the same evidence-based and comprehensive clinical content you know and trust — with faster searching and easier navigation.
Micromedex 1.0 can still be found on UMHS’ internal websites for a few more weeks.
Following are some highlights of the changes in Micromedex 2.0:
• A single search box, available on every page with predictive text gives search suggestions as you type to help build the query. Includes synonyms and suggestions for alternate spellings
• Enter any keyword, question or phrase (such as ‘dosing for cimetidine’) to go directly to that specific information
• Functionality that mirrors the experience of popular search engines, such as Google®
• Uncluttered, user-friendly interface
With a minimal amount of training, you can start using Micromedex 2.0 right away to retrieve:
• Both summary-level and in-depth content to suit your information needs
• A single results page of the most relevant information on:
- IV compatibility
- Side-by-side comparisons
- Contraindications and warnings
- Interactions and adverse events
- Drug consults
Free Mobile Access and Apps are available in Micromedex 2.0 — all of the information needed to access the instructions and pass codes (when required) are easy to locate from every page within Micromedex 2.0.
Micromedex 2.0 is already embedded in CareWeb and CareLink.
Remember, Micromedex can be accessed from outside of the UMHS network via the Level 1 page.
Web Address: http://www.thomsonhc.com/micromedex2/librarian/