Based on recent clinical faculty voting, the following individuals have been elected to represent their departmental cohort on the Faculty Group Practice (FGP) Board.
Each cohort representative will serve a three-year term beginning July 2012.
1. Ella Kazerooni (Radiology) – Hospital-based departments cohort (Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Pathology, Radiation Oncology, Radiology)
2. Anne Schott (Hem/Onc) – Internal Medicine cohort (excluding the Division of General Medicine)
3. Larry McMahon (General Medicine) – Primary Care cohort (Family Medicine, General Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine, Women’s Health Division in Ob/Gyn, General Pediatrics in the Department of Pediatrics)
4. David Kershaw (Pediatrics) – Medical departments [Dermatology, Neurology, Pediatrics (excluding the Division of General Pediatrics), PM&R, Psychiatry]
5. Ronald Hirschl (Surgery) – Surgical departments [Cardiac Surgery, Neurosurgery, OB/Gyn (excluding Women’s Health Division), Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Otolaryngology, Surgery, Urology]
Our sincere thanks go to current FGP Board members who will step down at the end of this fiscal year: Rachel Lipson Glick, Timothy Laing, Suresh Mukherji, and Mark Orringer. We appreciate their years of guidance and commitment to enhancing the clinical enterprise of Medical School.
Questions and comments should be directed to David Bloom, chair, FGP Nominating & Elections Committee (232-4943), or David Spahlinger, Executive Director, FGP (936-3568).
For more information, visit http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/fgp/index.htm