The new Windows 7 operating system (OS) provides features which improve user productivity and enhance security. You will notice “look and feel” changes, but there are also many useful new features, such as:
1. Peek: If you have a lot of Windows open and want an easy way to navigate, view thumbnails of open windows from the taskbar.
2. Jump Lists: Right click on any open program, or pin, on your taskbar to directly open one your most recent documents.
3. Pin: Add your favorite programs to the taskbar.
4. Search: Windows 7 has improved search functionality right on the Start menu. Here, you can search for any file or program, or any file that contains the word you’re searching for.
5. Snip: Use the new Snipping Tool program (in the Accessories folder) to take pictures of your computer screen.
6. Snap: Arrange windows side-by-side by dragging windows to the edge of your screen.
7. Show desktop: Quickly cleanup all open programs from your desktop without closing them.
Get a head start learning about Windows 7 now! You can find links to the Windows 7 training material directly from the Start menu of your CoreXP workstation, as shown in this photo, or visit the Windows 7 training webpage. Here you can view videos, take an MLearning course, browse FAQs, or print Quick Start Cards and other handy documentation.