Your new Microsoft Lync functionality is here. Now you can call, share, meet and collaborate with Health System colleagues through your computer.
New features include:
• Lync-to-Lync Audio and Video Calls – You can already instant message (IM) your colleagues with Lync. Now add voice and video to your IM conversations.
• Desktop and Application Sharing – Give other people access to your desktop and programs remotely (similar to Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance).
• Audio/Video Web Conferencing – Create and join web conferences hosted on an internal server.
• Additional group collaboration – Share whiteboards, conduct polls, transfer files and more.
Purchasing audio/video (A/V) peripherals:
If you need a microphone and/or a web camera, please coordinate the purchase with your department. See the list of approved A/V peripherals in the Technology Standards Committee (TSC) page on the MCIT Staff Resources Site: https://processmgt.mcit.med.umich.edu/StaffResources/Pages/TSC.aspx
To access the list:
1. Click the Technology Standards Document under Important Links located on the right side of the page
2. Open the spreadsheet
3. Select the A/V Peripherals tab
For more information:
If you have questions or need help with configuring a web camera or microphone, please submit a Remedy ticket for the Lync application or contact:
MCIT customers: Service Desk at 734-936-8000
MSIS customers: Solutions Center at 734-763-7770
On the web, visit: http://www.med.umich.edu/u/outlook/lync/index.htm